Your school involvement matters!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Adams. This page will provide you with all the information you need to get started.
The Adams PTA aims to enrich and elevate every student’s experience and it’s your valuable contribution that makes this possible. There are many ways you can contribute, and every contribution (large or small) makes an impact.
BE A VOLUNTEER!
Who powers the PTA? You Do!
Not only are our volunteers greatly appreciated, they are an essential part of what makes Adams a great school! Everything the PTA does is powered by volunteers. From PTA president, to a two hour shift face painting at the school carnival, to the parent who brings in a salad for the teachers appreciation lunch. None of it would be possible without volunteers like you.
Thinking of volunteering but don't know where to start?
We believe there is a volunteer opportunity suited for every willing participant. Some of our opportunities require an ongoing commitment, while many others do not require a significant investment of time or require that you are present during the school day. We want to help you find the right There are a few ways you can get started.
2) There are many events throughout the school year that require volunteer help. Please view our Adams / PTA Event Calendar to find activities you'd like to get involved with.
3) Why not be the first! Do you have an idea for a PTA event or offering? Do you have a skill or passion you'd like to apply to helping out our PTA? Share with us HERE your passion and ideas.
4) Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form if you'd like us to contact you.
You don't have to volunteer for every event.
Contrary to popular belief you don’t have to do it all. Pick one (or two!) things. No matter if you volunteer two hours out of the entire year or volunteer to take on a lead role for the year, we promise you, your time will be appreciated!
If your volunteer activities take place in the classroom, on a field trip, or requires direct contact with students, you must complete the following:
1) Complete the Seattle Public Schools Volunteer Application. The application is available in multiple languages.
2) Complete the Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention online course.
3) Turn in your completed application into the school office. Bring a Washington State photo ID so that a background check can be completed.
4) Read the volunteer handbook. A hard copy of the handbook is available within the school office.
You can access these forms and training on the volunteer page of the Seattle Public Schools website.
Please note that your application must be approved before you can begin volunteering, and takes 3 - 5 days to process.